Senior Solutions Engineer, Pre-Sales
Job Type: Full Time – Non-Exempt
Location: Raleigh, NC
At 6fusion, we are changing the landscape of IT economics. We operate in a fast-paced environment that’s both leading edge & exciting. We’re looking for individuals who have the entrepreneurial spirit and can help 6fusion achieve rapid growth in 2018 & beyond.
We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer to partner with us, and propose solutions to our customers’ business challenges. She/he will execute on the following: solution demonstrations, technical sales presentations/workshops, proof-of-concepts, onsite installs and solution architecture/design for nonstandard situations. This role provides technical guidance and support across the entire sales cycle, and includes delivery on professional services engagements.
- Present our value proposition, and establish a “trusted advisor” relationship by asking probing questions that yield insights into a customer’s objectives and needs.
- Interpret a customer’s consumption of IT infrastructure (ie: both on-premises and cloud), and recognize optimization opportunities.
- Deploy Collectors, that connect a customer’s environment onto a 6fusion meter.
- Deploy Connectors, that connect a 6fusion Meter onto an analytics and visualization platform.
- Create sales enablement and customer-facing content: methodologies, user guides, deployment checklists, white papers, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate – every day! – with these teams: Sales, Marketing, Software Development and Operations. Subjects include product feedback, competitive analysis, customer success, etc.
- An experienced technology professional, with 5+ years of experience in sales engineering, IT consulting or other similar situations supporting enterprise accounts.
- Experience with containers, virtualization technologies and cloud services (ie: OpenShift, Kubernetes, VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, GCE, Azure).
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows architecture and tools
- Experience with key web, networking, storage, security protocols (ie: HTTP(S), TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS, AD/LDAP, NFS, SAN, NAS).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with record of relationship-building across engineering, commercial and executive levels.
What We Offer:
- Small, start up environment with plenty of opportunities to truly make a difference
- Highly-collaborative environment with people who want to change the world of cloud computing
- Passionate team of technologists focused on high-quality applications
- All the free coffee you can drink!
6fusion is standardizing the economic measurement of IT infrastructure, bringing together a global marketplace for buyers and sellers of IT infrastructure. 6fusion enables organizations to normalize IT infrastructure usage data to get a clear view of utilization rates, consumption patterns, and cost efficiencies.
6fusion turns raw data into powerful supply chain intelligence by applying modern analytics technology and practices to deliver meaningful benchmarks, comparisons and KPI’s that bridge the gap between Finance and Operations to save organizations time and money, whether you are a buyer or seller.
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the hiring process will be contacted.
Learn more at www.6fusion.com.