Job Type: Full Time – Non-Exempt
Location: Raleigh, NC
At 6fusion, we are changing the landscape of IT economics. We operate in a fast-paced environment that’s both leading edge & exciting. We’re looking for individuals who have the entrepreneurial spirit and can help 6fusion achieve rapid growth in 2018 & beyond.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our technology, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, SPSS, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, SPSS, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating and tactical skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
6fusion provides members of the team with:
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly performance incentives
- Health insurance (Eligibility requirements must be met)
6fusion is standardizing the economic measurement of IT infrastructure, bringing together a global marketplace for buyers and sellers of IT infrastructure. 6fusion enables organizations to normalize IT infrastructure usage data to get a clear view of utilization rates, consumption patterns, and cost efficiencies.
6fusion turns raw data into powerful supply chain intelligence by applying modern analytics technology and practices to deliver meaningful benchmarks, comparisons and KPI’s that bridge the gap between Finance and Operations to save organizations time and money, whether you are a buyer or seller.
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the hiring process will be contacted.
Learn more at www.6fusion.com.