Job Type: Full Time – Non-Exempt
Location: Raleigh, NC
At 6fusion, we are changing the landscape of IT economics. We operate in a fast-paced environment that’s both leading edge & exciting. We’re looking for individuals who have the entrepreneurial spirit and can help 6fusion achieve rapid growth in 2018 & beyond.
We’re looking for backend engineers to join our team and contribute to our portfolio of products. This includes not only coding but helping to make decisions about new technologies and frameworks.
- Plan, process and perform all jobs in an efficient manner
Work with architects and senior developers to design and develop software solutions
Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
Develop new programs, making recommendations which yield a more cost effective and higher quality product
Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
Document code consistently throughout the development process
Take initiative to investigate new technologies, languages, and frameworks based on the needs of individual products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- A passion for creating high quality software
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- A desire to keep their skills sharp by continuously learning about new technologies and trends
- A passion for architecting intelligent, highly scalable applications
- Possess good communication skills, with an eagerness for collaboration
- Possess a positive attitude
Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Xen, HyperV)
Experience with cloud-based technologies (AWS, GCE, Azure, etc)
Experience scaling technologies (database sharding/partitioning, queueing mechanisms, asynchronous processing, etc)
Experience with multiple languages
Experience with large databases
Experience with nosql technologies: Mongodb, Couchdb, etc.
Experience working in an Agile setting
What We Offer:
- Small, start up environment with plenty of opportunities to truly make a difference
- Highly collaborative environment with very intelligent people who want to change the world of cloud computing
- Passionate team of technologists focused on high quality applications
- All the free coffee you can drink!
6fusion is standardizing the economic measurement of IT infrastructure, bringing together a global marketplace for buyers and sellers of IT infrastructure. 6fusion enables organizations to normalize IT infrastructure usage data to get a clear view of utilization rates, consumption patterns, and cost efficiencies.
6fusion turns raw data into powerful supply chain intelligence by applying modern analytics technology and practices to deliver meaningful benchmarks, comparisons and KPI’s that bridge the gap between Finance and Operations to save organizations time and money, whether you are a buyer or seller.
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the hiring process will be contacted.
Learn more at www.6fusion.com.